Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our present society. With over a 100 million people worldwide dealing with mental health issues, around a fifth of adults in the United Kingdom will experience some form of mental health issue within their life.
Hence, careful and effective mental care has become very essential in the care sector. At Freivan we have well-skilled experienced mental care trainers available to give prospective mental care professionals the best of knowledge and methods required for their profession.
This training is ideal for those currently working or hoping to start a career in a health care profession. This course is also suitable for anyone who has an interest or would like to gain a better understanding of the causes, effects, and management of various mental health conditions.
Level 2: Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
This qualification aims to raise awareness of mental health and a range of mental health problems. This qualification is designed for anyone looking to develop their understanding of mental health and the problems that can cause mental ill health.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above. There are no specific prior qualifications needed to access this qualification, although learners may find it useful to have previously achieved a Level 1 qualification in a health, social care or mental-health related area.
The qualification consists of 13 mandatory units:
- Unit 1: Understanding mental health
- Unit 2: Understanding stress
- Unit 3: Understanding anxiety
- Unit 4: Understanding phobias
- Unit 5: Understanding depression
- Unit 6: Understanding postnatal depression
- Unit 7: Understanding bipolar disorder
- Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia
- Unit 9: Understanding dementia
- Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 11: Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Unit 12: Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unit 13: Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
What type of qualification is this?
You can expect to be involved in formal learning activities – which could include
- tutorials or seminars,
- preparing for class-based activities.