What is Assisted Living?
Assisted living is for vulnerable adults who value their independence, but need some assistance with daily activities such as bathing, dressing, transportation and medication reminders. Residents may live in their own suites or with a companion and are relieved of household chores such as laundry, cooking, and cleaning. In addition, the Freivan Support Services team creates an Individualised Care Plan (ICP) to personalise each resident’s assisted living care needs.
Freivan Support Services & Amenities for Assisted Living
Our residents enjoy friendly living spaces designed for comfort and safety with a choice of attractive apartments, including a full bath and an emergency call response system. All our assisted living homes are pet-friendly; some residents even move in with their own approved cat or dog.
While services and amenities may vary by location, our assisted living homes generally provide:
- Programs and activities for daily physical fitness; creative, social, learning and spiritual opportunities
- Maintenance-free living, including housekeeping, trash removal and laundry
- Trained staff available 24-hours a day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals as well as snacks available throughout the day
- Medication co-ordination
- Social and educational programs for families
- Scheduled resident and family meetings
Our Supported Living Pathways
Our services are tailored to an individual’s needs. It’s how we can most effectively encourage and empower individuals while providing all the support they need. Every individual’s journey is underpinned by a comprehensive Support and Goal plan that they play an active role in defining.